Rose face oil rescues tired, stressed skin with fatty acids and sweet-scented anti-inflammatory properties. Use it as part of your daily skincare routine to achieve glowing, radiant skin and fight against environmental stressors!
Make your oil do double duty by using it as a massage oil, scalp treatment, or adding it to your cleanser. Great for all skin types – even (and especially) oily skin! Give it a try. You won’t be disappointed.
Ready in about 2 days (35 mins active)
Yields: about ¼ c.
About this recipe:
- Great way to repurpose/extend the life of roses!
Here’s what you’ll need…
- Petals of 1 organic rose, rinsed and completely dried*
- 1 oz. Marula seed oil†
- 1 oz. Jojoba oil†
*Allow rose petals to dry out on a clean kitchen or paper towel thoroughly before using
†You can substitute your favorite oils, but these work very well
Helpful, but not necessary equipment:
- 1 oz glass bottle with dropper
- Using a small saucepan, bring 3-4 inches of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, bruise rose petals by rubbing and tearing them apart, then place them in a sanitized mason jar. Add oils and swirl to mix, then seal the jar.
- Remove the pan from the stove and place the mason jar in the water for 20 mins.
- Move mason jar to a warm, sunny spot and allow it to sit for 24-36 hours.
- Strain petals into a sealable glass jar using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
- Pat 4-5 drops on clean skin until absorbed, or massage up and outward, extending to your neckline to promote lymphatic drainage.
- Use face oil as the last step before adding SPF (moisturizer first, if using one).
- If you are using a moisturizer first and have oily skin, rub the rose oil in your palms, then pat gently onto your face.
Makeup Tip: Use a tiny amount of this rose face oil on non-T-zone areas over makeup that has been on for a while and needs a bit of refreshment. This includes cheeks, lips, and under the eyes (but not on the lash line as this will smudge eye makeup). Allow it to sit a few minutes to do its magic, and voila!
Note: If you prefer a stronger rose essence, you can repeat the process with the strained oil
The anti-inflammatory power of jojoba oil is also featured in Annie Mak’s Renew Eye Cream. It’s the perfect way to help restore and protect that most delicate skin under your eyes.
Here is another fabulous recipe using the soothing power of rose petals: Refreshing Rose Water Face Mist.