Who doesn’t love a good latte?? This delicious Collagen-Rich Matcha Latte will leave your body, brain, and skin feeling good, without the toxic ingredients or high calories of a latte from the coffee shop down the street! Start your morning off right with this DIY recipe, packed with antioxidants and nutrients to boost your mental, physical and skincare glow! Plus, with a scoop of our uniquely blended collagen, you will get an extra boost of protein to start your day!
Collagen-Rich Matcha Latte
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons pure matcha power
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons raw local honey
- A pinch of ground cardamom
- 1 scoop AnnieMak Clean Multi Collagens
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, slowly whisk matcha powder into almond milk. Add vanilla, cardamom, and honey. Whisk in collagen and remove from heat.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy promptly.
If you loved this Collagen-Rich Matcha Latte recipe, here’s another clean skincare recipe you can try: Brightening Green Tea Face Toner
Check out the ingredient benefits for your skin!
- Almond Milk – contains a rich source of the antioxidant Vitamin E, as well as other flavonoids. These antioxidants prevent sun damage and wrinkles by removing free radicals and toxins on the skin. Almond milk is also good for acne-prone skin, as it is also loaded with omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce inflammation and redness associated with acne.
- Coconut Milk – has a high-fat content which can have an excellent moisturizing effect if applied topically to dry skin. Coconut milk acts as a sealant to hydrate and lock in moisture. It absorbs easily, smooths skin cells, and the fat in the milk helps maintain skin’s elasticity.
- Matcha Powder – is a powerful ingredient for the skin. It is anti-bacterial and contains high levels of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which is helpful in evening the skin tone and reducing inflammation. Antioxidants in matcha powder are also known for increasing skin elasticity and reducing acne.
- Vanilla – with its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, vanilla can help to soothe and calm irritated skin. Vanilla has been used to reduce skin infections and in wound healing. Vanilla contains Vanillin, a polyphenol with powerful anti-oxidant properties.
- Honey – one of nature’s most treasured skin remedies, its antibacterial and antiseptic abilities, benefit oily and acne-prone skin. Honey is also a natural humectant, keeping the skin moist but not oily. It can be extremely moisturizing because its chemical properties help to draw moisture to your face. Honey’s natural enzymes gently exfoliate skin, keeping the pores clear of oil, impurities, and dirt. It also supports reduced breakouts, by regulating the bacteria on the skin.
- Cardamom – has antibacterial properties that act as a skin purifier by clearing out blemishes and help in healing breakouts. Cardamom gives your skin a more clear and even complexion.
- AnnieMak Clean Skincare’s Clean Multi Collagen – collagen is a protein and the literal “glue” that holds your body together. Research shows supplementing with collagen can help smooth wrinkles, keep skin taut and plump, strengthen nails, and promote full, healthy hair growth. We include 5 collagen types from 4 ultra-clean sources plus the essential collagen “building blocks” your body needs to give you that coveted skin glow!