Packed full of omega fatty acids, protein, and nourishing ingredients, this rejuvenating hair mask is the hair mask of all hair masks. Egg may sound like an odd ingredient to put on your hair, but it helps with shine, elasticity, and texture while olive oil, rosemary, and avocado deep condition, improve circulation, and stimulate growth.
Ready in 5 minutes
Yields: 1 application for thick, long hair (2-3 applications for short/thin hair)
About this recipe:
- Can be kept sealed in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, but not recommended
- Safe for color-treated hair
- Best for medium-thick hair (not thin)
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ TBSP olive oil
- 3-4 drops of rosemary essential oil
- To make, using a food processor or immersion blender, whip all ingredients into a mousse-like texture.
- Dampen hair before applying.
- Distribute whipped mask throughout hair, focusing on ends.
- Secure hair into a bun and cover with a shower cap.
- Sit in sunshine 10-15 mins to activate the mask, or use a blow-dryer for 10 mins over the cap.
- Allow mask to sit a minimum of 40 mins, but up to 2 hours.
- Rinse out with shampoo and warm water.
Color will most likely change as avocado oxidizes in the hair. This is perfectly normal! It may also harden a bit but will soften as soon as you rinse it a bit with water.
Speaking of avocado, have you tried AnnieMak Clean Skincare Renew Eye Cream? It contains organic avocado oil, packed full of beta carotene, protein, lecithin, fatty acids, and vitamins A, D, and E, which help moisturize and protect skin from UV rays. See why Renew‘s blend of organic ingredients make it a fantastic choice to help reduce puffiness, redness, dryness, and dark circles under the eyes!
If you enjoyed making and using this Rejuvenating Hair Mask, why not try our Natural Weekly Damage Repair Hair Oil Treatment? It’s a great, natural solution to dry, flaky scalp and the damage inflicted by hot tools to your hair.