This antioxidant-rich coffee face mask and scrub duo is perfect for daily use. Coffee, honey, and marula provide incredible anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that will gently exfoliate the skin while moisturizing so you can have a bright, soft, and healthy glow throughout the day! Bonus: honey is also great for evening out skin tone!
Ready in 5 minutes
Yields: 2-3 applications
About this recipe:
- Keeps well unrefrigerated
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 1 TBSP coffee grounds*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp marula seed oil
- 1 tsp vegetable glycerin
- ¾ tsp raw, local honey
*Note: you can recycle the spent grounds from your morning cup of coffee for this recipe, rather than using dry grounds.
- In a small bowl, mix coffee grounds and baking soda together. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Start with clean, dry skin. Apply 1/3 to 1/2 of the mixture to entire face (avoid getting this in your eyes).
- Leave on for 10-20 mins. When it’s time to take it off, use your fingers to gently rub the mixture into your skin; this may require a few drops of added water.
- Wash off with warm water.
Once you’ve exfoliated with this antioxidant-rich coffee face mask and scrub, that would be the perfect time to moisturize. For the sensitive skin around your eyes, though, perhaps you’d like to try more than just a moisturizer. AnnieMak’s Renew Eye Cream is specifically formulated to hydrate, smooth, brighten, and strengthen the skin around the eye. AND it can also be applied to the equally sensitive skin around your mouth, too!
Looking for another gentle exfoliating face scrub to keep your skin cleansed and moisturized? Why not try our Gentle Honey Oat Face Scrub or our Orange-Spiced Honey Sugar Scrub. Your skin will thank you for not using harsh chemical cleansers!