For natural relief of irritated skin, this moisturizer made with powdered oats (also known as colloidal oatmeal) has a protective effect on skin and supports healthy inflammation levels. If you find yourself sensitive to most things when it comes to your skin, this is the recipe for you!
Healing Colloidal Shea Butter Moisturizer
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 2 teaspoons apricot oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vitamin E
- 1/4 cup organic rolled oats
- 6-8 drops of Frankincense
- Using a food processor (small bowl attachment), grind oats into a fine powder (2-3 mins), scraping sides of the bowl every 30 seconds.
- In a medium glass mixing bowl carefully sitting over a small/medium saucepan filled halfway with water, (double boiler method) over medium heat, add shea butter, apricot, and vitamin E oils. Stir often until melted, this should take about 5 mins.
- Once melted, slowly add in powdered oats while stirring. Allow the mixture to sit for 2-3 mins to absorb fully.
- Refrigerate bowl for 10 mins. Remove and stir in Frankincense. Refrigerate once more for an additional 10 mins. Scoop product into a jar for use.
- Use anywhere on the body to alleviate dry, irritated, or itchy skin.
- Apply AnnieMak Clean Skincare products to your face after your butter moisturizer for an added skincare boost!
Note: If your processor is not able to pulverize the oats to a fine powder, the consistency of the salve may be a bit grainy. To fix this, you can use a super-fine mesh strainer to strain warm mixture before refrigerating.
If you loved this Healing Colloidal Shea Butter Moisturizer recipe, here’s another clean skincare recipe you can try: Lavender Tallow Body Butter
Check out the ingredient benefits for your skin!
- Shea Butter – With high concentrations of vitamins and fatty acids, shea butter is an ideal ingredient for softening skin. Shea butter also has anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Utilizing shea butter on your body and face can condition, tone, and soothe your skin.
- Apricot Oil – is easily absorbed because it mirrors the skin’s natural oil sebum. helps to improve skin tone, and maintain softness and radiance of the skin. It also nourishes the skin and lowers the appearance of face wrinkles, fine lines, and blemishes.
- Vitamin E Oil – nourishes and moisturizes your skin. Vitamin E oil is also known to reduce hyperpigmentation and wrinkles. Vitamin E is anti-inflammatory and as several studies have supported its prevention of inflammatory damage after UV exposure. Topical vitamin E can reduce UV-induced skin thickness, skin swelling, and edema.
- Oats – carry great health benefits for your body, but, surprise, they can also be used for healthy skin! It protects, moisturizes, exfoliates, and cleanses your skin. Oats support a boost in collagen production, reduce skin inflammation, and improve skin complexion.
- Frankincense – is amazing for your skin to reduce the appearance of age spots and even out skin tone. For damaged or irritated skin, frankincense oil restores the epidermis and calms skin areas that are agitated. For breakouts, sunburn, or rosacea, this healing oil nourishes and soothes the skin. Frankincense Oil has cell-renewing properties and is an incredible ingredient to use in your anti-aging skincare routine.
- AnnieMak Clean Skincare Restore Vitamin C Serum – With the highest concentration of vitamin C in the industry (26%), vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, and organic aloe vera, Restore Vitamin C Serum is designed to speed up your skin cell regeneration rate while flooding the layers of your skin with nourishing natural, pure, and organic ingredients that promote luminous, smooth, and even-looking skin.
- AnnieMak Clean Skincare Reverse Anti-Aging Serum – was scientifically formulated to flood the layers of your skin with natural, clean, and pure ingredients that support cellular structure and promote a luminous, smooth, and even-looking complexion. This anti-wrinkle serum is built on the perfect two-nutrient combination of organic tremella mushroom and argan plant stem cells, combined with patented anti-aging ingredients and nourishing skin oils rich in healing antioxidants. Reverse penetrates beyond the skin’s surface and works at a cellular level to keep skin hydrated and radiant while minimizing wrinkle depth and appearance.
- AnnieMak Clean Skincare’s Renew Eye Cream – The skin around your eyes is more fragile, more prone to dryness, and quicker to show age and fatigue than the rest of your face. That’s why you need an eye-cream-specific moisturizer if you’re going to get the best results. Renew Eye Cream is scientifically formulated to hydrate, smooth, brighten, and strengthen the skin around the eye. It contains only the very best clean and pure ingredients such as organic jojoba oil, organic witch hazel, manuka honey, and a highly advanced peptide technology that reduces eye puffiness, redness, dryness, and dark circles. The result is eyes that look younger and more vibrant than ever. It’s great for moisturizing lips and reducing the wrinkles around your mouth as well!