Enjoy this holiday favorite with an easy at-home DIY recipe. With the warm tastes of peppermint and cocoa, and the added benefits of low-calorie ingredients and collagen protein, this healthy twist on a delicious winter coffee will leave you feeling warm and joyful this holiday season.
Low-Calorie Peppermint Mocha with Collagen
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup erythritol or sugar substitute
- 3 teaspoons peppermint essential oil or extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered cocoa or cacao
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup fresh espresso
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice, steamed
- 1 scoop AnnieMak Clean Multi Collagens
- Optional: Whipped cream
- Stir water and sugar substitute in a pot. Reduce to a simmer and add 1/2 of the peppermint essential oil. Set aside the other half for later. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix cocoa, collagen powder, and water mixture in a cup until paste forms.
- If making with an espresso machine, make a double shot of espresso and steam your milk. Make your latte by first adding your espresso and the last 1/2 of the peppermint essential oil to the cocoa and water paste mixture in a 16-ounce cup. Add your steamed almond milk and serve immediately.
- If making by warming milk, heat milk in a saucepan and foam. Make your latte by first adding your espresso and the last 1/2 of the peppermint essential oil to the cocoa and water paste mixture in a 16-ounce cup. Add your steamed almond milk and serve immediately.
- Reserve the remaining gingerbread syrup in the refrigerator for the next day!
- Optional: Add whipped cream and ground nutmeg to the top of your latte.
If you loved this Starbucks DIY Gingerbread Latte recipe, here’s another clean skincare recipe you can try: Starbucks DIY Gingerbread Latte
Check out the ingredient benefits for your skin!
- Coffee – caffeine contained in coffee beans can help reduce inflammation and skin problems such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis. Additionally, coffee grounds are promising for fighting skin infections and diseases because of the antimicrobial properties of caffeine.
- Cocoa – rich in flavonoids, chocolate can boost collagen production, prevent skin damage, and promote cell health. Chocolate is high in zinc which helps prevent acne. The fatty acids in chocolate nourish our skin, while anti-inflammatory properties soothe skin irritation.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – helps to reduce stress, relax tension in the body, and relieve sore muscles. It can also aid in reducing symptoms of nausea and improve digestion and an upset stomach. Bonus, peppermint essential oil, supports reduced inflammation, redness, and irritation in the skin, and can promote increased blood circulation in the scalp for improved hair growth.
- Almond Milk – keeps your skin supple, well-hydrated, and soft. It contains a variety of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins E, C, and B6, calcium, zinc, and magnesium, that nourish your skin. Using almond milk is very effective in keeping your skin moisturized and hydrated.
- AnnieMak Clean Multi Collagens – collagen is a protein and the literal “glue” that holds your body together. Research shows supplementing with collagen can help smooth wrinkles, keep skin taut and plump, strengthen nails, and promote full, healthy hair growth. We include 5 collagen types from 4 ultra-clean sources plus the essential collagen “building blocks” your body needs to give you that coveted skin glow!