For all-over intense moisture, you can’t beat a good body butter… and this Orange-Spiced Body Butter will have you thinking of the holidays with its scents of orange and clove essential oils. Shea butter and cocoa butter give it a luxurious feel, and the addition of pure Vitamin E oil and AnnieMak’s Reverse Anti-Aging Serum means it will help reduce your wrinkles and repair damaged skin.
Ready in less than an hour
About this recipe:
- Be sure to store product in a completely dry and sanitized container.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 5 TBSP raw shea butter
- 1 TBSP raw cocoa butter
- 1 ½ tsp honey
- 2 TBSP almond oil
- 1 tsp pure vitamin E oil
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 2 pumps AnnieMak Reverse Anti-Aging Serum
- 25 drops pure orange essential oil
- 10 drops pure clove essential oil
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Place a medium glass bowl over a small saucepan filled about ⅓ with water (double-boiler method) over medium heat. Slowly melt the shea butter, cocoa butter and honey, stirring often.
- In a separate small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Once the butter mixture is nearly melted, remove it from the heat source. Allow it to sit 5-10 mins to cool. Mix occasionally.
- Combine butter mixture with prepared oil mixture.
- Place liquid moisturizer in the freezer for about 5 mins. Use a fork to vigorously blend the slightly hardened product. Place back into the freezer to thicken a bit more (5-10 mins) or until mostly solid. Use a hand mixer to whip into final buttery consistency.
- Use as you would any other lotion or body butter – a little goes a long way!
AnnieMak’s Reverse Anti-Aging Serum is a key ingredient in this Orange-Spiced Body Butter for a good reason – its blend of all-natural and patented ingredients has been clinically found to shrink the length and depth of wrinkles as much as 15% within 4 weeks. Reverse penetrates beyond the skin’s surface and works at a cellular level to keep skin hydrated and radiant.
If you enjoyed the feel of the shea butter in this Orange-Spiced Body Butter, another recipe that features its moisturizing powers is our Healing Colloidal Shea Butter Moisturizer.