There is nothing like the smells of Fall in the air! With its scents of orange and clove essential oils, this body butter will give you intense moisture and deeply hydrated skin. Shea butter and cocoa butter give it a luxurious feel, and with the addition of powerful oils and serums, it will help reduce your wrinkles and repair damaged skin.
Orange-Spiced Body Butter
- 5 Tablespoons raw shea butter
- 1 Tablespoon raw cocoa butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons almond oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 25 drops orange essential oil
- 10 drops pure clove essential oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pumps AnnieMak Clean Skincare Reverse Anti-Aging Serum
- Place a medium glass bowl over a small saucepan filled about ⅓ with water (double-boiler method) over medium heat. Slowly melt the shea butter, cocoa butter, and honey, stirring often.
- In a separate small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Once the butter mixture is nearly melted, remove it from the heat source. Allow it to sit 5-10 mins to cool. Mix occasionally.
- Combine butter mixture with prepared oil mixture.
- Place liquid moisturizer in the freezer for about 5 mins. Use a fork to vigorously blend the slightly hardened product. Place back into the freezer to thicken a bit more (5-10 mins) or until mostly solid. Use a hand mixer to whip into final buttery consistency. Keep the mixture in a clean and sanitized glass container and store sealed in a cool, dry location.
- Ready in less than an hour. Be sure to store product in a completely dry and sanitized container
If you loved this Orange-Spiced Body Butter recipe, here’s another clean skincare recipe you can try: Gentle Honey-Oat Face Scrub
Check out the ingredient benefits for your skin!
- Raw Shea Butter – with high concentrations of vitamins and fatty acids, shea butter is an ideal ingredient for softening skin. Shea butter also has anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Utilizing shea butter on your body and face can condition, tone, and soothe your skin.
- Raw Cocoa Butter – high in fatty acids and deeply hydrating for the skin, the fats in cocoa butter form a protective barrier to lock in moisture. Cocoa butter also contains palmitic, oleic, and stearic acids, all of which nourish the skin. Cocoa butter is a wonderful addition to moisturizers, lip balms, and body lotions.
- Honey – contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants, that fight free radicals and improve the overall health of the skin. It is one of nature’s most revered skin remedies. Due to its antiseptic and antibacterial nature, it may benefit oily and acne-prone skin. Honey is also a natural humectant or moisturizer. It helps the skin stay moist but not oil because humectants pull moisture from the skin without replacing it. This powerhouse will keep your skin hydrated all day long.
- Almond Oil – helps reverse damage from the sun, while reducing the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Almond oil also improves skin’s overall appearance through hydration, leaving you with a luminous glow. As an added bonus, almond oil can even out your skin tone and texture and help to reduce and prevent wrinkles.
- Vitamin E Oil – nourishes and moisturizes your skin. Vitamin E oil is also known to reduce hyperpigmentation and wrinkles. Vitamin E is anti-inflammatory and as several studies have supported its prevention of inflammatory damage after UV exposure. Topical vitamin E can reduce UV-induced skin thickness, skin swelling, and edema.
- Arrowroot Powder – used for thousands of years in beauty products, Arrowroot powder is a natural remedy for various skin conditions. As a facial mask or scrub, it helps exfoliate and improve skin tone. It soothes sunburns, rashes, and other skin irritations.
- Orange Essential Oil – is beneficial for maintaining the appearance, texture, and health, of skin by supporting clarity, radiance, and smoothness. Packed with vitamin C, it can even out skin tones and brighten the overall appearance of the skin.
- Clove Essential Oil – reduces the sagginess of the skin and smooths wrinkles. It is a powerful anti-aging ingredient used in skincare. It removes dead skin cells and helps in blood circulation, which can help to ensure youthful and radiant-looking skin.
- Ground Cinnamon – rich in beneficial plant compounds and antioxidants, cinnamon helps treat hyperpigmentation and acne, plumps and lightens the skin, and decreases the signs of aging.
- AnnieMak Clean Reverse Anti-Aging Serum – was scientifically formulated to flood the layers of your skin with natural, clean, and pure ingredients that support cellular structure and promote a luminous, smooth, and even-looking complexion. This anti-wrinkle serum is built on the perfect two-nutrient combination of organic tremella mushroom and argan plant stem cells, combined with patented anti-aging ingredients and nourishing skin oils rich in healing antioxidants. Reverse penetrates beyond the skin’s surface and works at a cellular level to keep skin hydrated and radiant while minimizing wrinkle depth and appearance.