Tighten pores, reduce redness and even skin tone with this antioxidant-rich green tea face toner! Made with antibacterial ingredients that have a wide array of benefits, this refreshing mist can go with you anywhere to help fight off pollution and keep skin radiant. It turns out that green tea is beneficial for our inner AND outer beauty.
The recipe also features witch hazel, a powerful anti-fungal that helps tighten your skin and even gives it some protection against the sun’s harmful rays.
Ready in 5 minutes
Yields: about 2 oz.
About this recipe:
- Can be kept in or out of the refrigerator
Here’s what you’ll need…
- ¼ c. lukewarm distilled water
- ⅛ tsp pure matcha powder (green tea)
- ½ tsp raw honey (Manuka honey preferred)
- ¾ tsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 drops of pure vitamin E oil
- 1 drop of tea tree essential oil
- 2 tsp witch hazel
Helpful, but not necessary equipment:
- 2 oz glass bottle with spray pump (for travel) or easy open lid
- In a glass bottle, combine lukewarm water, matcha, and honey. Shake gently to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until combined. Add the mixture to the glass bottle and shake it again. Do not seal the bottle until the product has completely cooled.
- Shake bottle before each use.
- After cleansing with warm water to open pores, use a cotton round to gently apply to skin, or mist on face from 6-8 inches away. This toner can also be used as a refreshing mist anytime during the day (even over makeup).
The witch hazel featured in this green tea face toner recipe has been used as a skin healer for centuries, and has been clinically shown to help prevent the breakdown of peptide bonds in collagen and elastin – key to keeping your skin glowing and youthful. That’s why witch hazel is also featured in Annie Mak’s Restore Vitamin C Serum. With an industry-leading 26% vitamin C content, and a host of other organic ingredients, it’s proven to help boost collagen and elastin production for firmer skin. Try a bottle today!
If you enjoyed this green tea face toner, here’s another natural toner recipe you can try: Clean Clarifying Facial Toner.
Leave a Reply