Make this green tea face toner and tighten pores, reduce redness, and even skin tone with this antioxidant-rich toner! Made with antibacterial ingredients, including raw honey, vitamin E oil, and essential oils that have a wide array of benefits. This refreshing mist can go with you anywhere to help fight off pollution and keep your skin radiant. It turns out that green tea is beneficial for our inner AND outer beauty!
Brightening Green Tea Face Toner
- ¼ c. lukewarm distilled water
- 1/8 tsp pure matcha powder (green tea)
- ½ tsp raw honey (Manuka honey preferred)
- ¾ tsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 drops of pure vitamin E oil
- 1 drop of tea tree essential oil
- 3 pumps AnnieMak Clean Skincare Restore Vitamin C Serum
- In a glass spray bottle, combine lukewarm water, matcha, and honey. Shake gently to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until combined. Add the mixture to the glass bottle and shake it again. Do not seal the bottle until the product has completely cooled.
- Shake bottle before each use.
- After cleansing with warm water to open pores, use a cotton round to gently apply to skin, or mist on face from 6-8 inches away. This toner can also be used as a refreshing mist anytime during the day (even over makeup).
If you loved this Brightening Green Tea Face Toner recipe, here’s another clean skincare recipe you can try: Clean All-Purpose Makeup Remover
Check out the ingredient benefits for your skin!
- Distilled Water – offers multiple benefits for your skin. It enhances the effectiveness and absorption of active ingredients. Distilled water can also minimize the risk of allergic reactions and skin irritations. It also provides a refreshing and hydrating effect, leaving the skin feeling supple and soft.
- Matcha Powder – is a powerful ingredient for the skin. It is anti-bacterial and contains high levels of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which is helpful in evening skin tone and reducing inflammation. Antioxidants in matcha powder are also known for increasing skin elasticity and reducing acne.
- Raw Honey – contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants, that fight free radicals and improve the overall health of the skin. It is one of nature’s most revered skin remedies. Due to its antiseptic and antibacterial nature, it may benefit oily and acne-prone skin. Honey is also a natural humectant or moisturizer. It helps the skin stay moist but not oil because humectants pull moisture from the skin without replacing it. This powerhouse will keep your skin hydrated all day long.
- Lemon Juice – can completely transform your skincare game by lightening dark spots, treating acne, and providing, plumper, tighter skin. Lemons are high in Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant and a brightening agent. Using a face mask with a few drops of lemon juice will remove excess oil from your skin and reduce acne.
- Vitamin E Oil – nourishes and moisturizes your skin. Vitamin E oil is also known to reduce hyperpigmentation and wrinkles. Vitamin E is anti-inflammatory and several studies have supported its prevention of inflammatory damage after UV exposure. Topical vitamin E can reduce UV-induced skin thickness, skin swelling, and edema.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil – the anti-inflammatory effect of tea tree oil helps to relieve and soothe irritated and painful skin. Tea tree essential oil can aid in treating acne because of its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Tea tree essential oil can also calm swelling, redness, and inflammation. It may help to prevent and reduce acne scars, giving you smooth, clear skin.
- AnnieMak Clean Skincare’s Restore Vitamin C Serum – With the highest concentration of vitamin C in the industry (26%), vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, and organic aloe vera, Restore Vitamin C Serum is designed to speed up your skin cell regeneration rate while flooding the layers of your skin with nourishing natural, pure, and organic ingredients that promote luminous, smooth, and even-looking skin.