Keep your lips silky smooth, luscious, soft, and decadent with our hydrating and exfoliating, not to mention, lip scrub! This DIY lip scrub will exfoliate and remove dead, dry skin, while coconut oil will moisturize and hydrate and replenish the moisture to your lips. Bonus, leave your lips feeling plump and full, with the extra minty pop from peppermint oil!
This tasty lip treat will leave your lips happy, healthy, and satisfied!
Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp raw, local honey
- 2 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 2 tablespoons fine-grained brown sugar, packed
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon AnnieMak Renew Eye Cream (yes, we know this is an eye cream, but it is perfect to moisturize your lips as well, making it perfect for this recipe!
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm coconut oil, and honey until mostly melted, 2-3 mins. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peppermint oil.
- Add brown sugar and Renew Eye Cream mix until well combined.
- Gather a pea-sized amount on your finger and gently scrub lips for about a minute. Rinse off with warm water.
If you loved and enjoyed this lip scrub, here’s another collagen recipe you can try:
Orange-Spiced Sugar Honey Scrub
Check out the ingredient benefits for your skin!
- Coconut Oil – bolsters your skin’s protective barrier, locking moisture inside and keeping skin supple and hydrated. Reduces inflammation. Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties, making it beneficial for irritated, chafed skin. Bonus, it also increases collagen production.
- Honey – one of nature’s most treasured skin remedies, its antibacterial and antiseptic abilities, benefits oily and acne-prone skin. Honey is also a natural humectant, keeping the skin moist but not oily. It pulls moisture from the skin without replacing it. Honey’s natural enzymes gently exfoliate skin, keeping the pores clear of oil, impurities, and dirt. It also supports reduced breakouts, by regulating the bacteria on the skin.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – helps to reduce stress, relax tension in the body, and relieve sore muscles. It can also aid in reducing symptoms of nausea and improve digestion and an upset stomach. Bonus, peppermint essential oil, supports reduced inflammation, redness, and irritation in the skin, and can promote increased blood circulation in the scalp for improved hair growth.
- Brown Sugar – naturally exfoliates the skin and removes dead cells. Brown sugar promotes healthy skin circulation and cleansing and hydrates the skin.
- AnnieMak Clean Skincare’s Renew Eye Cream – The skin around your eyes is more fragile, more prone to dryness, and quicker to show age and fatigue than the rest of your face. That’s why you need an eye-cream-specific moisturizer if you’re going to get the best results. Renew Eye Cream is scientifically formulated to hydrate, smooth, brighten, and strengthen the skin around the eye. It contains only the very best clean and pure ingredients such as organic jojoba oil, organic witch hazel, manuka honey, and a highly advanced peptide technology that reduces eye puffiness, redness, dryness, and dark circles. The result is eyes that look younger and more vibrant than ever. It’s great for moisturizing lips and reducing the wrinkles around your mouth as well!