With all the pollution and not-so-gentle products our skin is exposed to, sometimes we need a little something extra to balance it all out. This clarifying facial toner neutralizes skin’s pH, reduces pore size, and helps with the inflammation and irritation that can occur from everyday life. Make it a part of your daily skincare routine, and you’ll feel and see the benefits for yourself!
Ready in 40 mins.
Yields about 4 oz.
About this recipe:
- Good in the fridge for up to 4 days
- Because of lemon oil, be cautious with UV exposure
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 1/3 c. distilled water
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 drop lemon essential oil
- 2 drops tea tree essential oil
- ½ TBSP raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp witch hazel
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in dried thyme. Allow it to steep and cool for about 20 mins. Strain thyme from water and discard. Set water aside.
- In a medium sized glass bowl, combine lemon and essential oils with vinegar. Add in witch hazel. While stirring, slowly add in the thyme-infused water.
- Once completely cooled, add mixture to a glass bottle or container for storage in the refrigerator.
Shake before using; pour the facial toner onto a cotton round and gently wipe your clean face, concentrating on the T-zone. Allow it to dry, then apply your favorite serum and/or moisturizer.
Note: Storing toner in the refrigerator keeps it fresh for up to 4 days while also providing a cooling effect that seals pores.
This facial toner is perfect to use as part of your morning skincare regimen, followed by a gentle moisturizer or an application of AnnieMak’s Restore Vitamin C Serum. Its soothing, skin-healing ingredients make it a great way to start your day!
Leave a Reply