Has the winter brought you dry, chapped and cracked lips, that bleed at a moment’s notice and seem to be impossible to heal? This Creamy Peppermint Lip Balm is not only a great way to protect your lips against the ravages of winter weather… it can also help them heal faster as well. Essential oils, shea butter and pure natural beeswax are great skin healers. Add your favorite tint as well, for a pop of color on your freshly hydrated lips.
Ready in less than 30 mins
About this recipe:
- Be sure to store the Creamy Peppermint Lip Balm in a completely dry and sanitized container.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 1 TBSP beeswax pastilles
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 TBSP raw shea butter
- 1 tsp jojoba oil
- ½ tsp pure vitamin E oil
- 5-8 drops pure peppermint oil
* If a lip tint is desired, add a pinch of beetroot powder to melted mixture
- Place a medium glass bowl over a small saucepan filled about ⅓ with water (double-boiler method) over medium heat. Slowly begin to melt beeswax; once it’s nearly melted, add shea butter. Continue to melt and stir for 3-5 mins, then add coconut oil. Mix an addition 2-3 mins (there should be a few small clumps, but mixture should be mostly melted). Remove from heat and allow to cool for 1 minute. Add jojoba, vitamin E and peppermint oil.
- The next 5 mins are crucial to obtain a smooth and creamy texture; use a small rubber spatula to continuously mix, scraping the sides of the bowl. Lip balm should be thick and creamy at this point. Wait until completely cooled, then store in a container.
Apply as often as needed for relief of dry, chapped lips.
The jojoba oil that’s a key ingredient in this Creamy Peppermint Lip Balm has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and can enhance collagen synthesis, reduces redness and can even help with the effects of eczema and rosacea. It’s also an important ingredient in AnnieMak Clean Skincare’s Renew Eye Cream. Renew’s blend of natural ingredients has been shown to reduce eye puffiness, redness, dryness, and dark circles, giving you a visibly younger appearance.
If dry lips are a problem for you at any time of the year, you can also try our Brown Sugar Lip Scrub.