Got the dry, chapped, and cracked lips blues this winter? This creamy peppermint lip balm is not only a great way to protect your lips against the harsh winter weather… it can help them to heal faster as well. Essential oils, shea butter, and pure natural beeswax are great skin healers. Bonus! Add a fun pop of color to brighten up your look at any holiday party!
Creamy Peppermint Lip Balm
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pastilles
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw shea butter
- 1 teaspoon jojoba oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vitamin E oil
- 5 – 8 drops peppermint essential oil
- For color add a pinch of beetroot powder to the melted mixture
- Place a medium glass bowl over a small saucepan filled about ⅓ with water (double-boiler method) over medium heat.
- Slowly begin to melt beeswax; once it’s nearly melted, add shea butter. Continue to melt and stir for 3-5 mins, then add coconut oil. Mix an addition 2-3 mins. There should be a few small clumps, but mixture should be mostly melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 1 minute. Add jojoba, vitamin E oil, and peppermint oil.
- The next 5 mins are crucial to obtain a smooth and creamy texture; use a small rubber spatula to continuously mix, scraping the sides of the bowl. Lip balm should be thick and creamy at this point. Lip balm should be thick and creamy at this point. Wait until it is completely cooled, then store in a container. Be sure to store the lip balm in a completely dry and sanitized container.
- Apply as often as needed for relief of dry, chapped lips.
- Need some great skincare products to use along with your new Creamy Peppermint Lip Balm? Apply AnnieMak Clean Skincare products and your lip balm together!
If you loved this Creamy Peppermint Lip Balm recipe, here’s another clean skincare recipe you can try: Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
Check out the ingredient benefits for your skin!
- Beeswax Pastilles – conditions, soothes, and calms the skin. Beeswax pastilles repair damage, exfoliate, promote the skin’s regeneration, soothe itchiness and irritation, diminish the appearance of the signs of aging, and create a hydrating, long-lasting protective barrier against environmental pollutants.
- Coconut – bolsters your skin’s protective barrier, locking moisture inside and keeping skin supple and hydrated. Reduces inflammation. Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties, making it beneficial for irritated, chafed skin. Bonus, it also increases collagen production.
- Shea Butter – With high concentrations of vitamins and fatty acids, shea butter is an ideal ingredient for softening skin. Shea butter also has anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Utilizing shea butter on your body and face can condition, tone, and soothe your skin.
- Jojoba Oil – has many healing properties that make it effective in treating skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, and eczema. Enjoy its benefits by using it as a moisturizer, cleanser, or spot treatment.
- Vitamin E Oil – nourishes and moisturizes your skin. Vitamin E oil is also known to reduce hyperpigmentation and wrinkles. Vitamin E is anti-inflammatory and several studies have supported its prevention of inflammatory damage after UV exposure. Topical vitamin E can reduce UV-induced skin thickness, skin swelling, and edema.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – helps to reduce stress, relax tension in the body, and relieve sore muscles. It can also aid in reducing symptoms of nausea and improve digestion and an upset stomach. Bonus, peppermint essential oil, supports reduced inflammation, redness, and irritation in the skin, and can promote increased blood circulation in the scalp for improved hair growth.
- AnnieMak Clean Skincare Restore Vitamin C Serum – With the highest concentration of vitamin C in the industry (26%), vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, and organic aloe vera, Restore Vitamin C Serum is designed to speed up your skin cell regeneration rate while flooding the layers of your skin with nourishing natural, pure, and organic ingredients that promote luminous, smooth, and even-looking skin.
- AnnieMak Clean Skincare Reverse Anti-Aging Serum – was scientifically formulated to flood the layers of your skin with natural, clean, and pure ingredients that support cellular structure and promote a luminous, smooth, and even-looking complexion. This anti-wrinkle serum is built on the perfect two-nutrient combination of organic tremella mushroom and argan plant stem cells, combined with patented anti-aging ingredients and nourishing skin oils rich in healing antioxidants. Reverse penetrates beyond the skin’s surface and works at a cellular level to keep skin hydrated and radiant while minimizing wrinkle depth and appearance.
- AnnieMak Clean Skincare’s Renew Eye Cream – The skin around your eyes is more fragile, more prone to dryness, and quicker to show age and fatigue than the rest of your face. That’s why you need an eye-cream-specific moisturizer if you’re going to get the best results. Renew Eye Cream is scientifically formulated to hydrate, smooth, brighten, and strengthen the skin around the eye. It contains only the very best clean and pure ingredients such as organic jojoba oil, organic witch hazel, manuka honey, and a highly advanced peptide technology that reduces eye puffiness, redness, dryness, and dark circles. The result is eyes that look younger and more vibrant than ever. It’s great for moisturizing lips and reducing the wrinkles around your mouth as well!