Hydration is key for glowing skin, but not everyone wants to spend their day guzzling plain water. If you have a tough time getting your ounces each day, or just need to change things up, this fruity cucumber mint hydrator is a refreshing, low calorie, and healthy way to do it! Fresh fruit, herbs, and cucumber lend nutrition and flavor while hydrating your body in a way that you can really enjoy. So drink up… your skin and taste buds will thank you!
Ready in about 30-40 mins
Yields: about 32 oz. (plus refills)
About this recipe:
- Should be stored in the refrigerator when not in use.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 1 ½ c. ice
- Filtered water
- ½ c. cucumbers, sliced
- 1 lime (½ of it sliced into discs)
- ¼ c. blueberries
- ½ c. fresh strawberries (4-5)
- Handful fresh mint (4-6 sprigs)
- 1 Qt. Glass Jar with a lid
- Layer each ingredient (including ice) in a 1-quart glass jar. Fill the remaining space with fresh, filtered water. Seal the jar and refrigerate for a minimum of 20 mins.
- Drink and refill with water and ice, up to four times within 2 days. Allow the garnishes to sit for at least 30 minutes each time (after the first batch).
Loaded with antioxidants, berries (such as the blueberries and strawberries used in this recipe) are nutritious and good for your skin, too. Two more superstar berries are cranberries and raspberries – and the oils from those berries are key ingredients in AnnieMak’s Reverse Anti-Aging Serum, designed as an all-natural way to shrink wrinkles and fade age spots.
If you enjoyed this cucumber mint hydrator, you might want to try this organic hydrating cucumber treatment, another excellent way to harness the refreshing and moisturizing power of cucumbers for your skin.