Long day or week? Maybe it has been a long month? Indulge your senses and take a break with this relaxing bath soak; made with muscle-soothing Epsom salt, detoxifying Himalayan pink salt, and calming lavender. With the calming properties of lavender and the soothing and detoxifying elements of salts, give yourself the gift of self-care with a long, soothing soak in the bath!
Luxurious Lavender Bath Soak
- ½ c. Epsom salt
- 1 TBSP Himalayan pink salt
- 8-10 drops of pure lavender essential oil
- Optional: 1 TBSP dried lavender leaves
- Mix Epsom and pink salt together with a wooden or ceramic spoon until fully combined
- While mixing, slowly add essential oil. Continue to mix for at least a minute. There should be no clumps of essential oil.
- Optional: add dried lavender
- Store in an airtight glass container until ready to use
- Draw a warm bath and add about ¼ cup (half) of the salt. Soak for at least 15 mins to get the maximum benefit
- Warning: Be aware that the tub may be slippery when wet, especially when using essential oils
If you loved this Luxurious Lavender Bath Soak recipe, here’s another clean skincare recipe you can try: Rejuvenating Hair Mask.
Check out the ingredient benefits for your skin!
- Epsom Salt – used to relax tense and sore muscles and relieve pain in the back, neck, shoulders, and body. Epsom salt is also used to reduce stress and draw toxins out of the body.
- Himalayan Pink Salt – is a good way to treat acne where breakouts occur in hard-to-reach areas of the body, like your back and shoulders. Using Himalayan pink salt in baths has been shown to have benefits for people with eczema or psoriasis. It can reduce redness, scaling, and irritation.
- Lavender Essential Oil – Lavender is the top essential oil when it comes to healing burns, skin conditions, and cuts. With anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antifungal, and detoxifying benefits, it can help reduce redness, calm and soothe the skin, and quickly heal minor scrapes, cuts, and rashes.
- Dried Lavender Leaves – similar to lavender essential oil, dried lavender leaves have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antifungal, and detoxifying benefits. They can help reduce redness, calm and soothe the skin, and quickly heal minor scrapes, cuts, and rashes.