Chapped, dry, or cracked cuticles can lead to brittle nails that break easily and take longer to heal. Good news! There are ways to help restore strength and speed the growth of your nails! This DIY cuticle oil is packed with your favorite essential oils and vitamin E to provide extra antibacterial and antiviral protection during winter months. Bonus! Add any essential oil for your own favorite smell and twist! Plus! If you paint your nails, you may find that this oil helps them stay vibrant for longer. This orange-spiced cuticle oil is sure to become your winter favorite!
Orange-Spiced Cuticle Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon argan oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vitamin E oil
- 8-12 drops essential oils
- For a warm, soothing scent and antiviral properties for winter: 8 drops orange, 3 drops clove
- Nourishing and antibacterial option: 4 drops rosemary, 4 drops lavender, 4 drops lemon
- Or make it your very own with your favorite essential oil scents
- Combine all ingredients in a vessel that allows for easy application; a rollerball, vial, or jar with a dropper.
- Shake vigorously, enjoy!
- Rub generously into cuticles to ward off the effects of dry, cold weather.
- Keep it sealed when not in use.
If you loved this Orange-Spiced Cuticle Oil recipe, here’s another clean skincare recipe you can try: Orange Lavender Face Mist
Check out the ingredient benefits for your skin!
- Olive OIl – is full of healthy vitamins, fats, and antioxidants, like squalene and vitamin e, that contribute to healthier-looking skin. It hydrates skin by locking in moisture, and its antioxidants can help to improve signs of aging. Olive oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, which can aid in wound healing.
- Argan Oil – Protects the skin barrier and improves overall texture. Argan oil supports skin with issues such as eczema, psoriasis, or chronic dry skin, due to its highly moisturizing properties. For those with mildly oily skin and acne-prone skin, argan oil can actually help to control sebum levels, minimizing overall breakouts.
- Vitamin E Oil – nourishes and moisturizes your skin. Vitamin E oil is also known to reduce hyperpigmentation and wrinkles. Vitamin E is anti-inflammatory and several studies have supported its prevention of inflammatory damage after UV exposure. Topical vitamin E can reduce UV-induced skin thickness, skin swelling, and edema.
- AnnieMak Clean Skincare Restore Vitamin C Serum – With the highest concentration of vitamin C in the industry (26%), vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, and organic aloe vera, Restore Vitamin C Serum is designed to speed up your skin cell regeneration rate while flooding the layers of your skin with nourishing natural, pure, and organic ingredients that promote luminous, smooth, and even-looking skin.
- AnnieMak Clean Skincare Reverse Anti-Aging Serum – was scientifically formulated to flood the layers of your skin with natural, clean, and pure ingredients that support cellular structure and promote a luminous, smooth, and even-looking complexion. This anti-wrinkle serum is built on the perfect two-nutrient combination of organic tremella mushroom and argan plant stem cells, combined with patented anti-aging ingredients and nourishing skin oils rich in healing antioxidants. Reverse penetrates beyond the skin’s surface and works at a cellular level to keep skin hydrated and radiant while minimizing wrinkle depth and appearance.
- AnnieMak Clean Skincare’s Renew Eye Cream – The skin around your eyes is more fragile, more prone to dryness, and quicker to show age and fatigue than the rest of your face. That’s why you need an eye-cream-specific moisturizer if you’re going to get the best results. Renew Eye Cream is scientifically formulated to hydrate, smooth, brighten, and strengthen the skin around the eye. It contains only the very best clean and pure ingredients such as organic jojoba oil, organic witch hazel, manuka honey, and a highly advanced peptide technology that reduces eye puffiness, redness, dryness, and dark circles. The result is eyes that look younger and more vibrant than ever. It’s great for moisturizing lips and reducing the wrinkles around your mouth as well!
- AnnieMak Clean Multi Collagens – collagen is a protein and the literal “glue” that holds your body together. Research shows supplementing with collagen can help smooth wrinkles, keep skin taut and plump, strengthen nails, and promote full, healthy hair growth. We include 5 collagen types from 4 ultra-clean sources plus the essential collagen “building blocks” your body needs to give you that coveted skin glow!