This unique organic hydrating cucumber treatment acts like a solid that turns into a liquid, which then turns into oil. Trust us – if you want something with an invigorating twist that is moisturizing, gentle, smells delicious, and is perfect for those warmer months (hello, refreshing cucumber!), this is your new go-to. Use it on your lips, elbows, hands, feet – anywhere. Although keep in mind that coconut oil is not recommended as a facial moisturizer.
This recipe requires a bit of tricky timing, but it is well worth the end product!
Ready in about 15 mins
Applications: Makes about 1 ½ TBSP of hydrator.
About this recipe:
- Stays solid at 70 degrees and below
- Not necessary to store sealed airtight
Here’s what you’ll need…
- ½ medium organic cucumber
- 1 TBSP organic, virgin, unrefined coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp organic, sweet almond oil
- ½ tsp organic, aloe vera juice (or fresh aloe gel)
- 3 drops of organic, pure vitamin E oil
- Use a juicer to extract 2 tsp of juice from the cucumber. If you do not have a juicer, use a blender or processor to blend the cucumber until you can extract 2 tsp of juice. This can be done using a strainer, cheese cloth, or even a clean paper towel by wringing out the cucumber pulp.
- Combine melted coconut oil, almond oil, and vitamin E in a small mixing bowl. Whisk vigorously while slowly adding aloe vera and cucumber juice to the oil.
- In an environment that is under 70 degrees, allow the mixture to sit out for about 10-15 mins, whisking every few minutes. If it’s warmer, use a refrigerator and whisk every 2 mins. The mixture will start to harden and have a beautiful, even, light green color and smooth texture. Transfer to a storage container and store in a cool area.
Apply anywhere and everywhere! Extra refreshing for lips.
Let us know how you liked the organic hydrating cucumber treatment! It’s a great way to preserve your skin’s moisture, especially during those hot summer months. Remember also that AnnieMak’s Reverse Anti-Aging Serum is another great way to keep your skin hydrated and replenished with nutrients all year round!
Leave a Reply