- 1 fresh rose* (organic, pesticide and herbicide free)
- 1 c. distilled water
*All roses are not created equal – sizes, scents, color. Stick with organic and the rest will work out ????
Helpful, but not necessary equipment:
- Glass spray bottle (3-4 oz)
- Gently peel all the petals of the rose off the stem. Rinse with water to remove any debris.
- Fill a small saucepan with petals and cover with 1 c. distilled water. Using a sanitized wooden or ceramic spoon, gently push petals below the water so that they remain submerged.
- Bring the mixture to a light boil over medium heat; promptly reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 20 mins. Petals should lose most of their color in the process.
- Carefully strain mixture into a shallow glass dish and cover with a breathable material (such as a clean paper towel, kitchen towel, cheese cloth, etc). Allow to cool for about 20 mins.
- Once cool, pour rose water into your bottle and refrigerate.
- Spray your face from 6-8 inches away anytime you feel the need!